|At Sonnedix we believe in transforming the future by creating healthier environments through solar power generation for a brighter future - for ourselves, our colleagues, our partners, our communities and our planet. What drives us each day is our purpose, to harness the potential of clean solar generated energy to make a difference to our world and to protect our planet for future generations.
We are a proven, scalable solar energy platform, with a track record in delivering high performance cost competitive solar photovoltaic (PV) plants to the market. We develop, build, own and operate solar power plants globally and our solar platform, when combined with our expertise, our ethos and our shared purpose, perfectly positions us to play a leading role in the renewable energy revolution that is underway.
Our expertise and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners and to expand the potential of solar in a smart way that benefits everyone.
We believe in a world where the future of solar power is limitless and we are at the heart of driving solar as the sustainable energy source for our world
For more information please visit www.sonnedix.com
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills, exposure and credentials within a relatively young, dynamic company where you will have a chance to interact at all levels.
Reporting directly to the VP Controller and Country representative for Italy, you will be a core member of the global finance team. You will be responsible for the smooth management of local activities and adequate integration within the group.
• Ensuring electricity revenues are collected on time
• Manage accounts payable process to ensure all invoices are logged, approved and paid on time
• Ownership of local cash planning and management
• Being the key relationship point for local banking providers
• Responsible for local compliance with group financial control policies (e.g. approval matrix, bank authorities)
• Ensuring monthly accounting entries are made in accounting system accurately and in line with the Group’s monthly close timings
• Reviewing the monthly accounting entries made by the outsourced provider and ensuring key checks and controls (e.g. bank reconciliations, aged debt analysis) have been performed
• Ensuring statutory accounts are prepared and filed accurately and timely
• Preparing monthly reports (e.g. actuals vs budget, investigating, understanding and explaining any variances, loan compliance)
• Prepare annual budget for each project and holding, in collaboration with representative of the different functions
• Simulate cash flows and forecasts
• Collaborate with Sonnedix team to keep updated the long-term modelling analysis
• Being the key relationship point for interaction with local lenders, ensuring debt service payments are paid on time and accurately
• Ensuring all tax payments due are paid on time (e.g. corporate income tax, VAT returns, payroll taxes)
• Collaborate for local audit work for any local statutory audit requirements and group audit review.
Education and Experience:
• Degree in Accounting/Finance and a recognized accounting qualification is essential.
• At least 3 years of experience, ideally within an energy, utility, industrial company or similar industry. Big 4 profiles with relevant industry experience will also be considered.
• Experience in project loans management is a plus.
• Understanding of IFRS, Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Analysis.
• Multinational experience and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse regions and cultures, including within virtual teams.
• Keen to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities and ensure that work is completed in an accurate and timely manner and all financial and covenant requirements of lenders are complied with.
• Proactive self-starter, highly motivated, focused on working at a high level and producing an excellent work product under changing priorities and deadlines.
• Good relationship builder – open and honest style – excellent communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and deal comfortably with multiple projects/requests.
• Excellent Italian and English language knowledge both written and verbal.
• Familiarity with Financial modelling would be a plus but not essential.
At the heart of Sonnedix success is the relentless nature of our team, our shared goal to continue to do better each day, in the right way. This ambition is summed up by our purpose statement, which clarifies the impact we wish to make together and which guides our business:
"We harness the power of the sun to build a bright future"
We look for people who share our values and vision, who want to make a difference in the right way, who are honest and creative, have courage and are forward thinking and balance tenacity with respect for others. If you have these qualities then you may just be the talent we are looking for!
To apply, please submit a CV and Covering Letter explaining how your experience matches the requirements of our position and how your personal motivators and values align to Sonnedix purpose.