|At Sonnedix we believe in transforming the future by creating healthier environments through solar power generation for a brighter future - for ourselves, our colleagues, our partners, our communities and our planet. What drives us each day is our purpose, to harness the potential of clean solar generated energy to make a difference to our world and to protect our planet for future generations.
We are a proven, scalable solar energy platform, with a track record in delivering high performance cost competitive solar photovoltaic (PV) plants to the market. We develop, build, own and operate solar power plants globally and our solar platform, when combined with our expertise, our ethos and our shared purpose, perfectly positions us to play a leading role in the renewable energy revolution that is underway.
Our expertise and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners and to expand the potential of solar in a smart way that benefits everyone.
We believe in a world where the future of solar power is limitless and we are at the heart of driving solar as the sustainable energy source for our world
For more information please visit www.sonnedix.com
|An exciting opportunity has arisen for and Engineering and Construction Manager reporting directly to the VP Europe Project Management, the Engineering & Construction Manager Italy focuses on the design, implementation and construction of Solar PV applications (utility scale, distributed generation, storage, hybrid, etc) performing the technical due diligence on all projects proposed, from early stage development up to operational plants.
• Provide Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) companies cost estimates, Interconnection and production estimates.
During negotiation and engineering phase:
• Support the development of all technical related sections of the EPC and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) contracts for the project (technical requirements, scope of services, testing and commissioning procedures, interconnection interfaces, construction milestones, logistic, etc.).
• Provide and/or review feasibility analysis of all the opportunities under study.
• Support during the finance negotiations with lenders and their advisers, especially the technical ones.
During construction phase, work with local team to:
• Monitor daily construction activities and report to management accordingly. Ensure sub-contractors work is being coordinated and monitored by the EPC contractor. Coordinate offtaker’s and other regulatory inspections as required.
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress and status reports for the company’s management, the lenders or their advisers according to specification and with highest industry quality standards.
• Review EPC’s and O&M procedures and operating parameters for the completed plant. Review EPC and O&M costs and spare parts allocation.
Education, experience and key competencies
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical or civil works).
- Solid project management skills.
- Significant experience in the Photovoltaic sector.
- Knowledge of Italian construction laws and regulations including labour related laws, health and safety, grid codes, etc.
- Ability to effectively delegate and control tasks and responsibilities and ensure that work is completed in an accurate and timely manner (responsible for budget and timelines).
- Multinational experience and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse regions and cultures.
- Excellent English & Italian both written and verbal.
Please apply by the 1st Sept,2019