|An exciting opportunity to join our business as a Asset Engineer, based in Madrid.This position is part of a Central Support role and is technically responsible for PV plants in operation, providing technical asset management services both with a longer-term focus as well as support to the day to day activities. The role supports the operational sites by providing guidance and support to operate the PV assets safely and cost effectively while sustaining life expectancy. It seeks to improve plant performance, availability, and cost effectiveness through the development of capital projects and improved processes, standardizing technical solution, CAPEX, develop and improve spares management, data analysis, contractors scouting.
- Solid working knowledge of monitoring and asset management software platforms aimed at establishing performance analytics routines targeting performance enhancement opportunities for revamping and or repowering throughout the relevant portfolios
- Quality review and standardization of technical solutions across operating portfolio including but not limited to:
Cabling enhancement options from LV through HV
Combiner box designs and performance enhancement
Inverter replacement strategies
Distribution and protection panels auditing and recommendations
Review of transformer maintenance practices and issuance of recommendations
Review of switch gear maintenance practices and issuance of recommendations
Support the definition of a spare parts management strategy at local and regional levels
Detailed knowledge and / or exposure to the relevant electricity grid compliance regulation from LV through to HV allowing review of technical designs / drawings / etc... against applicable codes and best practices
Define an Asset Management technical plan including OPEX and CAPEX planning for critical revamping and or repowering opportunities
Maintaining knowledge base abreast with latest technology developments (modules, trackers, inverters, etc...) to consider potential asset performance and / or reliability enhancement opportunities
- Ability to create and maintain operating budgets
- Main point of contact with engineering team (E&C)
- Support Operations in:
o Acquisition (M&A) technical due diligences
o Hand Over to Operations process of new construction into operations
o Optimization of maintenance plans focused on Condition Based Maintenance
o Service provider evaluation and filtering
- Strong analytical, critical and structured thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enhance team work across departmental boundaries
- Demonstrated influencing skills
- Experience managing direct and / or indirect reports welcomed, but also a self-starter thriving on challenge
- Successful track record of negotiating/communicating/managing external parties such as, but not limited to, O&M suppliers, subcontractors, insurance companies, technical advisors, national, regional or local stakeholders (land owners, regulators, municipalities…)
|At Sonnedix we believe in transforming the future by creating healthier environments through solar power generation for a brighter future - for ourselves, our colleagues, our partners, our communities and our planet. What drives us each day is our purpose, to harness the potential of clean solar generated energy to make a difference to our world and to protect our planet for future generations.
We are a proven, scalable solar energy platform, with a track record in delivering high performance cost competitive solar photovoltaic (PV) plants to the market. We develop, build, own and operate solar power plants globally and our solar platform, when combined with our expertise, our ethos and our shared purpose, perfectly positions us to play a leading role in the renewable energy revolution that is underway.
Our expertise and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners and to expand the potential of solar in a smart way that benefits everyone.
We believe in a world where the future of solar power is limitless and we are at the heart of driving solar as the sustainable energy source for our world
For more information please visit www.sonnedix.com