|At Sonnedix we believe in transforming the future by creating healthier environments through solar power generation for a brighter future - for ourselves, our colleagues, our partners, our communities and our planet. What drives us each day is our purpose, to harness the potential of clean solar generated energy to make a difference to our world and to protect our planet for future generations.
We are a proven, scalable solar energy platform, with a track record in delivering high performance cost competitive solar photovoltaic (PV) plants to the market. We develop, build, own and operate solar power plants globally and our solar platform, when combined with our expertise, our ethos and our shared purpose, perfectly positions us to play a leading role in the renewable energy revolution that is underway.
Our expertise and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners and to expand the potential of solar in a smart way that benefits everyone.
We believe in a world where the future of solar power is limitless and we are at the heart of driving solar as the sustainable energy source for our world
For more information please visit www.sonnedix.com
|We are looking for a business development manager who will focus on the Italian solar market and be responsible for developing and building our growth to develop utility-scale solar power and energy-storage projects.
This role will focus on developing a sizeable portfolio of development projects to serve major power off-takers, utilities, C&I customers via joint-development agreements with regional project developers.
Responsibilities include evaluating project development opportunities and relationships from a tactical, and financial point of view with the goal of developing new projects as well as evaluating and acquiring existing utility scale solar projects. The role will manage all aspects of development including greenfield projects, PPAs, and acquisitions including deal structuring/execution, project management, due diligence, negotiation and post-closing development activities.
The position will work closely with the Company’s cross functional teams and report the Head of Development & Power Marketing.
Experience and competencies
• Solar industry experience in project development, ideally Italian national experience to identify emerging solar markets
• Proven ability to lead project development from greenfield (GFD) to shovel-ready; and to evaluate acquisitions (NTP) opportunities
• Clear understanding of Italy land site control matters, permitting processes, and interconnection procedures and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to form and drive new market strategies and lead team of developers
• Skilled at analysing opportunities and arriving at clear decisions, utilizing detailed analysis
• Experience with PPAs and power markets, customers, and deal structures
• Understanding of power marketing concepts including: basis risk, virtual and physical energy sales, hedging, losses, curtailment, congestion, and wheeling
• Experience in complex and detailed contract negations for energy, green attributes, and other structured products
• Proven ability to form and collaboratively work with cross function teams, including legal, project finance, construction, asset management, and corporate finance
• Knowledge of the renewable energy power market and its dynamics, including the energy markets, distribution and transmission system, and network operator
• Ability to stay current with changing policies, regulations, and market trends, including building and maintaining strong relationships with developers, off-takers, and other key industry leaders
• Specific experience negotiating real estate property leases and purchase options, development asset purchases, energy offtake and project finance and sales agreements to work directly and through joint-development relationships
What we offer
• Competitive Package.
• A positive culture where everyone is encouraged to achieve their full potential.
• The opportunity to work in a supportive, and challenging environment where you really can have impact and make a difference.
We look for people who share our values and vision, who want to make a difference in the right way, who are honest and creative, have courage and are forward thinking and balance tenacity with respect for others. If you have these qualities then you may just be the talent we are looking for!
To apply, please submit a CV and Covering Letter explaining how your experience matches the requirements of our position and how your personal motivators and values align to Sonnedix purpose. Please submit your CV in English.