We are currently recruiting an Power Origination Manager (or Senior Associate or Associate, based on experience-level) to join the Sonnedix Power Origination team within Business Development based in Madrid, Spain. The Origination team is responsible for keeping a pulse on energy markets, identifying new opportunities, and originating relationships that lead to power purchase agreements for projects under development. The Origination Manager is an integral part of the Business Development team and works side-by-side with the project development, acquisitions, and investment team, managing the off-taker agreement from beginning to end. The Power Origination team is focused on building and maintaining relationships with internal and external parties, including and not limited to prospective off-takers (Utilities, C&I, high energy-consumers), existing customers, renewable advisors and sustainability organizations.
The Origination Manager develops commercial activities by scouting and originating long-term energy supply agreements with utility, commercial and industrial customer, and by promoting partnerships with traditional and non-traditional energy purchasers. The Origination Manager evaluates opportunities and relationships from a tactical and financial point of view with the goal of developing new contracting opportunities. The role supports or manages all aspects of power origination, including prospecting, RFPs, bilateral, bid strategy, pricing, screening, PPA negotiations The Origination Manager supports market research, promotes defined marketing campaigns, and articulates internal and external benchmarks related to renewable energy supply services and new business models.
- Track-record of success in originating and negotiating power purchase agreements (PPAs) and strategic partnerships
- Detailed knowledge of power markets, customers and segments in Europe
- Understanding of and/or ability to address concepts including: basis risk, power markets, hedging, losses, and congestion across markets
- Knowledge of market drivers including curtailment practice implications, market participants, supply and demand drivers of renewables, customer practices
-Project development, investment, acquisitions, and financial skills a plus
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country
- We supply office equipment to make home-working environment as productive as possible, such as chairs, monitors, keyboards, lamps
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit