|At Sonnedix we believe in transforming the future by creating healthier environments through solar power generation for a brighter future - for ourselves, our colleagues, our partners, our communities and our planet. What drives us each day is our purpose, to harness the potential of clean solar generated energy to make a difference to our world and to protect our planet for future generations.
We are a proven, scalable solar energy platform, with a track record in delivering high performance cost competitive solar photovoltaic (PV) plants to the market. We develop, build, own and operate solar power plants globally and our solar platform, when combined with our expertise, our ethos and our shared purpose, perfectly positions us to play a leading role in the renewable energy revolution that is underway.
Our expertise and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners and to expand the potential of solar in a smart way that benefits everyone.
We believe in a world where the future of solar power is limitless and we are at the heart of driving solar as the sustainable energy source for our world
For more information please visit www.sonnedix.com
|Historically, Sonnedix has implemented an ESG management system, with policies and standards across the three pillars of environmental, social and governance. In 2019 a new corporate sustainability strategy was created, to allow the company to meet more specific, measurable targets related to ESG and to further increase our ESG impact. The particular focus in 2020 is on managing GHG emissions, achieving greater resource efficiency, furthering our educational initiatives related to solar/renewable energy and climate change and achieving greater accountability, transparency, diversity and gender balance.
The successful candidate will be part of the Sonnedix Legal and Compliance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on implementation of the group’s sustainability strategy, ESMS and corporate socio-economic development (SED) initiatives, in our London base and in our eight countries of operations. By working closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance and global leadership team, having a person reporting to you, you will have a tangible impact on the company’s commitment to sustainability and to being a responsible independent power producer.
• Lead on implementation of company’s sustainability objectives, initiatives and KPIs and drive improvement in sustainability performance across the business.
• Monitor and report on sustainability/ESG performance and progress against the sustainability strategy to both internal and external stakeholders;
• Ensure effective implementation of the group’s ESG policies and standards;
• Monitor and audit ESG compliance across functions and projects globally, with particular focus on projects with international financing to ensure ongoing compliance with internal and external ESG requirements;
• Organize and/or support the Sonnedix’ SED initiatives across the globe, with particular focus on educational initiatives and targets;
• Participate in external ESG networks and benchmark initiatives, eg GRESB, as required;
• Support implementation and training of relevant business functions in the use of the new ESG software;
• Routinely prepare ESG communications and present at internal and external meetings to promote and increase sustainability/ESG awareness;
• Provide support and technical advice to relevant business functions, from project development and acquisitions, through to construction and operations. This includes, but is not limited to, ESG inputs to investment committee memos, defining scope of work of external ESG consultants, environmental permitting advice and similar;
• Work closely with the ESG assistant, SED manager in South Africa, country-level ESG champions and manage inputs from any external ESG consultants and contractors (eg GHG and SED consultants); and
• Other ESG related tasks as assigned by the line manager.
• Appropriate qualifications in a relevant field (eg environmental/social science, climate change, engineering);
• Professional experience working as an ESG manager, senior sustainability/ESG consultant;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience in improving sustainability performance by influencing effectively across a range of stakeholders;
• Track record of working within responsible investment and international finance institutions standards (eg IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles, etc);
• Experience and willingness presenting to senior stakeholders at internal meetings and external conferences and forums;
• Willingness to travel to Sonnedix countries of operation for project audits or community meetings, if required – expected to be limited during the contract term;
• Experience in line management and supervising external consultants where appropriate;
• Proficiency in English required; conversational Spanish desirable.
• Willing to accept a 6 months fixed term contract and able to start mid April 2020.