Reporting to the Head of Engineering and Construction, you will work on a wide range of Photovoltaic plant projects throughout their lifecycle, providing the technical leadership and support needed to enable project success. You will oversee and manage all electrical engineering activities needed to permit, contract, engineer, procure, construct, and commission projects. You will frequently and proactively interact with internal and external counterparties to achieve results and will be a key contributor in activities that drive our future competitiveness.
You will be responsible for creating conceptual design studies, calculations, and specifications for projects; reviewing, analysing, and reporting on technical deliverables provided by counterparties and interfacing with utilities and authorities (e.g. METI) to facilitate permits, approvals and project interconnections.
You will also support on technical due diligence activities and provide technical support for projects and assist asset managers to review and analyse monitoring data during the operational phase.
We offer a challenging and varying position within the rapidly growing PV industry. We provide on-the-job knowledge transfer through highly experienced Japanese and international colleagues, in a fast-growing international company. It is our company policy to continuously improve the skills of our employees.
- Degree in engineering, project management, construction management, or equivalent (Qualification of 2nd class Chief Electrical Engineer will be a plus)
- Professional experience in project and asset management in the Energy industry (preferably renewable)
- Excellent knowledge of Asset Management and Management Systems, preferably ISO 55001
- Be able to create and present fully evolved project updates at board level
- Fluent in Japanese with ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit