|Electrical Engineer - Japan (Tokyo)|
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and Construction, you will work on a wide range of PV plant projects throughout their lifecycle, providing the technical leadership and support needed to enable project success. While there will be a focus on the purchase of development projects and operational assets, activities will also include projects under development, construction, and operation. You will frequently and proactively interact with internal and external counterparties to achieve results and will be a key contributor in activities that drive our future competitiveness.
You will be responsible for leading, coordinating, and supporting technical due diligence activities for new and existing projects; providing and coordinating technical support for projects working together with other Sonnedix functions and external consultants; reviewing, analysing, optimizing and reporting on technical deliverables provided by counterparties and conducting irradiation and yield assessments using simulation tools (e.g. PVSyst) to assess plant performance.
- Bachelor of Science or related degree with focus on electrical, civil, mechanical or similar
- Experience in the solar industry in the role of PV Engineer or similar
- Solid understanding of the main development, design, and construction concepts of solar projects
- Ability to travel domestically based on business needs, averaging up to 30% of work time
- Written and spoken Japanese proficiency, able to converse and write in English
|Written and spoken Japanese proficiency, able to converse and write in English|
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit