As the Junior Legal Counsel, Development, you will be a key member of our Europe based team and play an important role in the acceleration of our growth. The role will be responsible for providing project level legal support across the Sonnedix Group’s functions in Spain (from Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Development, and Project Finance, to Operations) in order to deliver the Sonnedix Group’s acquisition of operating assets (via asset or share purchases), greenfield development goals, and financing/refinancing needs. In this role, you will work closely with the Legal Counsel, Development and designated function’s teams in Spain. The Junior Legal Counsel, Development will review and negotiate a wide variety of development related commercial contracts, and respond to a wide variety of requests for legal assistance from these functions and their employees.
The Junior Legal Counsel, Development will work with the Legal Counsel, Development in Spain to negotiate, manage and review the budget and fees for outside counsel on M&A and business development related matters, including detailed timesheet review. The role will assist, collectively with outside counsel, in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing, permits, leases, easements, land acquisition documents, development agreements, share and/or asset acquisition agreements, due diligence materials, commercial agreements relating to the purchase, sale, and supply of power, electric interconnection and other energy-related transactions, and facility agreements; and assisting with the coordination of other legal, regulatory, and compliance processes within Spain. The Junior Legal Counsel, Development will also ensure compliance with global legal, contractual, and risk management policies, as directed by the EVP, Global Head of Legal & Compliance, to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize value of contracts. Further, the Junior Legal Counsel, Development will participate in and contribute to team and company goals.
- Degree educated or hold an equivalent qualification with a license in good standing to practice law in Spain
- Experience practicing as a transactional/development/M&A/project finance/corporate attorney in Spain (preferably handling energy related development work)
- Ability to manage numerous challenging work assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently, as well as, cooperatively and efficiently with internal colleagues and outside legal advisors
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English and Spanish
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- We supply office equipment to make home-working environment as productive as possible, such as chairs, monitors, keyboards, lamps
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit