We are looking for a Legal Counsel, Disputes to join our dynamic Legal & Compliance team. Reporting directly to the Senior Legal Counsel, Disputes, and working closely with local team members and outside counsel, the Legal Counsel, Disputes will be responsible for the management of various disputes (by and against Sonnedix) in all stages of the dispute lifecycle across the group.
The Legal & Compliance team, which is located across the countries where we operate, provides timely, best in class legal services to all Sonnedix teams throughout the solar project life cycle. The Legal Counsel, Disputes will work effectively with Senior Legal Counsel, Disputes and, as applicable outside counsel, to review potential disputes (both by and against Sonnedix), develop strategy for management of the disputes, and respond to a wide variety of requests for dispute related legal assistance. To succeed in this varied role, the Legal Counsel, Disputes will use their attention to detail and structured approach to manage budgets, fees and timelines, while using their relationship management skills to supervise the performance, quality and timely completion of out-sourced work. The successful candidate will co-ordinate dispute preparation activities and investigative matters, draft communications and notices, provide commercially-focused legal advice to our local teams, and report regularly on the status of active disputes. Their responsibilities will also span managing, together with Senior Legal Counsel, Disputes and outside counsel, litigation proceedings, including pre-litigation dispute resolution, discovery, and reviewing pleadings and other court documents. They will also support with other corporate legal projects as needed.
- JD from an accredited US or European law school and license to practice law (preferably in France, Italy, Spain or UK)
- Some experience of practising as a litigation attorney or providing commercial risk and mitigation advice with a focus on commercial needs and relationships, and handling a volume of matters across different subject areas
- Ability to work well independently and also effectively as part of a team with internal colleagues and outside legal advisors
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and reprioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Italian
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- We supply office equipment to make home-working environment as productive as possible, such as chairs, monitors, keyboards, lamps
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit