|The Financial Controller reports to the Head of Finance in Spain and manages the local Finance team. The FInancial Controller ensures that the Finance activities (including loan compliance, management, monthly management accounts, statutory accounting, and tax compliance) are properly performed across all Spanish entities. The Financial Controller also coordinates the local statutory and Group audits and prepares quarterly Spanish IFRS consolidation for Group reporting purposes.
The Financial Controller is a key contact both internally, for the central finance team and stakeholders, and externally for outsourced accounting and tax advisors. The Financial Controller proactively improves financial processes, reporting, and controls. The role would suit a candidate with a successful experience in a multicultural and fast-paced environment, ideally within an energy, utility, industrial company or similar industry, or Big 4 profiles with relevant industry experience
Desirable Skills :
• Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or a recognized accounting qualification
• Experience in Spanish GAAP, IFRS, consolidation and tax
• Strong project management skills – to project manage the audit, external providers, quarterly consolidation
• Management skills – taking ownership, relationship-building, managing teams, understanding stakeholders’ perspectives to deliver useful and relevant analysis
• Proactive self-starter focused on working at a high level and producing excellent work product under changing priorities and deadlines
Sonnedix welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and members of under-represented groups.
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- We supply office equipment to make home-working environment as productive as possible, such as chairs, monitors, keyboards, lamps
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Please submit your CV in English.
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit