The Engineering & Construction (Large Scale Projects) Intern will report to the VP, E&C and work with experienced engineers to develop a detailed understanding of the operations of the Engineering and Construction Team. With a special focus on the technology, Project Management, delivery and contractual processes of new plants across different jurisdictions, the E&C Intern will learn about managing the delivery of solar PV plants from inception to execution, up to handing them over to the Asset Management Team.
The E&C Intern will typically support one or more experienced engineers, spend time shadowing actual operations, have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as experience the day-to-day workings of engineering and Project Management. The E&C Intern will provide technical contributions and support to ensure project success, assisting in managing the delivery of a portfolio of projects in different countries and perform conceptual and detailed design assessment and analyses regarding different projects. This includes assisting in the preparation of management reports and supporting documents.
• Recently completed or currently studying for a relevant Engineering qualification, preferably with knowledge of the renewable energy sector
• Project Management and communication skills (including analysis, interpretation and reasoning)
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and project management application
• Ability to work well autonomously and develop collaborative relationships within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Business level Spanish and English (spoken and written)
Sonnedix welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. We offer internships to give people from under-represented and minority groups an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the solar sector.
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- We supply office equipment to make home-working environment as productive as possible, such as chairs, monitors, keyboards, lamps
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit