We are looking for an Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Intern to join our team and contribute to delivering Sonnedix’s commitmentto sustainability as a responsibleindependentsolar power producer. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to work on the implementation of the group’s sustainability strategy and promote the development, expansion and implementation of our education initiative, Sonnedix Sustainability Academy. The Sonnedix Sustainability Academy strives to reach students and teachers around the world, providing classroom and online learning resources, such as worksheets, videos, presentations and lesson plans.
At Sonnedix, we strive to have a long-lasting impact through educating the problem solvers of tomorrow about solar energy, climate change and sustainability with our far-reaching and inclusiveinitiatives. By working closely with the ESG team, the ESG Intern will have a tangible impact on the implementation of sustainability and corporate social responsibilityinitiatives, internally and externally, with special focus on educational initiatives and targets. The ESG Intern will supportthe organization and participation in sustainability related conferences, career events, summits, including high-profile events (potentially COP26). To ensure that the ESG Intern gains a broad overviewof the ESG role, they will spend time shadowing team members, with remit for unique assignments that boost larger sustainability initiatives as well as participating in the day-to-day workings of the ESG function.
Sonnedix welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. We offer internships to give people from under-represented and minority groups an opportunity to gain valuable work experiencein the solar sector.
• Currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degreeprogram relating to sustainability, environment, social development, engineering or teaching/education
• Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability of initiating contactand maintaining a good working relationship with key stakeholders
• Highly proficient in the use of MSOffice Suite, Outlook & Internet applications, and experienceof digital technologies will be beneficial
• Proactive and willing to take the initiative in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment • Fluent written and spoken English, and conversational Spanish, French, Italian or Japanese a plus
|What we offer:
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- We supply office equipment to make home-working environment as productive as possible, such as chairs, monitors, keyboards, lamps
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit