|Head of Project Finance, Europe - Spain (Madrid)|
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Global Head of Project Finance, the Head of Project Finance – Europe is responsible for shaping and executing the financing strategy in Europe of an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing, solar power producer. The successful applicant will have a track record of leading and developing project finance teams capable of closing senior debt, mezzanine debt, corporate debt, and acquisition debt financings. The successful applicant will also demonstrate an ability to close transactions in the commercial bank or bond markets.
The Head of Project Finance – Europe will have a track record of non-recourse project financing on either the sponsor, lender or institutional investor side. They will draw on their significant experience to lead teams in originating, negotiating, and closing renewable energy project financing transactions consistent with our investment underwriting commitments in multiple European markets. The Head of Project Finance – Europe will combine familiarity with bank, institutional and government-sponsored lenders and terms, knowledge of the European power market and emerging trends, and a flair for creativity in structuring and closing challenging transactions.
- A proven track record of non-recourse project financing and capital markets experience on either the project sponsor, institutional investor, or lender side; technically up to date and well-informed on debt transaction structuring, terms, documentation and execution
- Experience financing solar projects and solar project portfolios.
- Higher Finance / Business Degree, MBA or equivalent qualifications
- An effective leader of teams and a creative, strategic thinker, skilled at building and maintaining respectful, high-performance relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in alignment with Sonnedix’s values.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
Please submit your CV in English and include a deal sheet with your application.
|Sonnedix welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and members of under-represented groups
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a company with a world-class sponsor; an established global franchise with long-term, stable cash flows; a culture of creativity, respect, and sustainable growth; and an established European Project Finance team of six professionals with a track record of transaction success and a network of established lending relationships. Since 2015, the team has raised more than €2.5bn of financings in Europe
- As the company grows, we offer the opportunity for you to grow with us through a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Give back to the local communities through our comprehensive ESG agenda, volunteering days and charity events
- Join a team that crosses functions and geographies through our off-site events, team socials and global celebrations
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Options to work across functions and exposure to all parts of the growing business
- Fantastic office environments
- Be part of our drive to achieve sustainable growth and be carbon neutral by 2021
- Sonnedix virtual gym classes every day and regular well-being seminars
- We supply office equipment to make home-working environment as productive as possible, such as chairs, monitors, keyboards, lamps
- Many more local benefits, specific to each country.
At Sonnedix, our purpose is to harness the power of the sun to build a bright future - for our company, our partners, our communities and our planet. Sonnedix develops, builds, operates and manages solar PV plants for the long term.
Our track record and financial strength enable us to build trusted relationships with customers and partners, to smartly expand the adoption of solar and play a vital role in the energy revolution. We are proud of our diverse team of experts, the clean energy we generate and to make a positive difference for the communities where we operate. Hear from some of our team about Sonnedix: https://www.sonnedix.com/careers
Not the role for you but interested in joining us? Visit our careers portal as we are growing fast: https://solaris-hr.secure.force.com/recruit